"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

African Speaks Up About Dependancy!

"Bayo Famonure, WEF Missions Committee member and coordinator of MA2000, spoke strongly about the problem of financial support in the church and for missionary outreach. "We must not always depend on money from overseas," he warned. "Teach your people to give. I was a missionary myself and sometimes didn't have enough to feed myself. When friends told me I had a rich Father in Heaven, I replied that I needed his provision here on earth-through his people.

"I've come with a heavy heart for Africa. I cry when I see pictures of starving people. But we have a proverb: "If you want a helping hand, there is one at the end of your arm." We need to be self-supporting."

Not all delegates welcomed his plea. Some had difficulty paying their way to the conference and wanted AEA to help……."

(As quoted above by, Harold Fuller "Africa The Hopeless Continent, EMQ April 2001)

No comments: