"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mom & Dad - Please let me go for Jesus!

Illustration: Amy Carmichael's family willing let her go to be a missionary

The morning of January 14, 1892, a very shaken Amy wrote to her mother:

"My precious Mother;

Have you given your child unreservedly to the Lord for whatever He wills? ...Oh, may He strengthen you to say "Yes" to Him i/He asks some- thing which costs.

Darling Mother; for a long time as you know the thought of those dying in the dark-fifty thou- sand of them every day, while we at home live in the midst of blazing light-has been very present with me, and the longing to go to them, and tell them of Jesus, has been strong upon me. Everything, everything, seemed to be saying "Go, " through all sounds the cry seemed to rise, "Come over and help us. " pg 49

And her Mother reply;

Darling, when He asks you now to go away .from within my reach, can I say nay? No, no, Amy; He is yours-you are His - to take you where He pleases and to use you as He pleases. I can trust you to Him, and I do. pg 51

("Amy Carmichael, For The Children of India", Sam Wellman, pg 49,51, Barbour Publishing 1998)

No comments: