"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, September 15, 2016

He doesnt love us

I was part of a missionary team in Morocco some years ago.  I asked the village leader why he had never given our team leader one of their names, a name that can only be bestowed on an outsider by the village leader.  He thought for a moment, leaned his head back and said that this man helped them, but that he didn't love them.

Taught me that if I wasn't there and truly loved people, that my "help" was not of much lasting importance to them as well.

I thought that the advice of Rik was also invaluable.

Clif Heeney

No comments: