"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Church- I love Your Fight For Survival

You have to be labeled as Bitter.
They have no choice, you see.

You can love and serve Jesus, and people, all you want. You can study and gather with other Jesus people often enough, but the Sunday morning building crew will never, ever, no not ever be able to bless you if you are not at their thing. They think their form of church OWNS the definition of church. Their thing, is the only thing.

Because that whole system rises and falls on everyone being there. The definition of success is when more and more of us are there, and only there. When you stop being their volunteer, their financial support, the whole manly system falls.

Therefore, if you are not there to help them succeed,  they see us as setting them up to fail.
So you are the enemy. Bitter...

They will write articles and post FB memes that carpet criticize anyone doing anything other than their thing on Sunday. 

So, if you wonder why church people are so angry at people who don't go to their kind of church: They cannot entertain the idea that believers can actually meet, grow, and be healthy outside their structures. They have to deny any possibility of the like, to save themselves 

That freedom and partnership can not be extended, that release of people to be free to follow Christ and gather in various ways can not be tolerated, because that packages success is based on the view of gathering you, your time, your money, your activity.

It does not matter how silent you are, or non critical you are of what others choose to do.  To them you are critical, negative, or bitter, simply because you will not submit to their game play.

We can say this... but they cant believe it 

We don't hate your church.
We are happy you have a place that works for you.
We are happy you serve there.
We are not saying you have to do it our way.
We are not saying we are right, you are wrong.
We are not following nor promoting a new church model or cool trend.
We are not trying to build anything.
We are not asking you to change anything.
Often, we have never asked a church to change anything they do.
We don't want to fight about it.
Has nothing to do with, "not getting our way"

And above all, your guilt trips, labeling  and criticism does nothing to woo us back.

We get it, you posture at us, to warn the remaining sheep .... see, see those bitter people. You have to paint what we do as so bad, as so dark, so people will not even look or ask questions.
I loose nothing if you will not gather with me. You loose everything if too many people choose not to gather with you. You have more  at stake.

I love you. I come to your box church from time to time. But i am tired of how you treat me, accuse me, and talk about me. I was not bitter when i chose a simpler path. But looking at you from over here has me blinking my eyes, real hard, as i see and hear your reactions.

You actually don't have a clue about what i do, or believe, how i study, or gather with others, because we have never even had one conversation about it. You don't want a conversation, or a blessed coexistence.  Because you have to be against it no matter what, right? Can't entertain the idea, as give an inch the members might take a mile. That hurts the success thing.

So, i don't take it personal.

No, I'm not bitter. But  i am unimpressed by your behavior towards me, your brother, who studies serves, and is part of the church.
But it no longer hurts me. Your church, is not my church. My church, my Jesus, my God help shield me from you, the nasty side of you I've come to see after the fact.

I love your fight for survival, never give it up. But I'm not your enemy, I'm the church too.

So I'm happy....
I'll be back from time to time.
I bless you.
Don't change a thing for me.

But I'm not bitter.....
Are you?





No comments: