"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fear of Mission By Parents

I had a lady threaten me after a church service where I put out an appeal for mission once.

She said;

"I'm am excited about the work you are doing in Africa, and it was good to hear all that you shared with us. I'm glad you are there doing what you are doing. But don't you dare talk to my son about this. I just know that if you do, he will pack up and go right over there to. I'm not letting him come near you while you are here"

(1999 Church in Colorado).

No comments: