"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, September 16, 2007

When Mission Leaders Pray for the Lost!

"In Ethiopia the elders of the churches where we served came one day to complain about the limited

growth rate. We had only had about 600 baptisms that year. I responded that I was too busy to add any more preaching or teaching into my schedule. I suggested that we each identify at least five people who need to be converted or renewed and then we pray daily until the decision was made. People began to pray. That year the Lord added more than 1200 to the church in that place. We began to see scattered occasions of people being delivered from deionization. Then the numbers of those delivered grew by the hundreds. As people were delivered the credibility of the church grew. As the church grew the number of people demonized decreased to where it was rare except in areas where the church was being planted.

The sick were prayed for and raised up and I continued to have my faith stretched-amazed at what the Lord was doing. It didn't fit my "systematic theology," but it was like what was described in the gospels and Acts."

("Completing the Task" College Press 1995 Edgar Elliston pg 184,185)

No comments: