"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Reordering Our Lives.

A few year back I arrived at the stage in life when I realized that much of how I was doing things was not fruitful. It did not need tweaking,  what I was doing just needed to stop being done. I headed off in new directions and it was freedom.  
"Have you filled your life with the urgent instead of the important, the good instead of the best, and the insignificant instead of the eternal? If so it's time to make some changes. Reordering your life isn't easy. Sometimes people misunderstand, and that can be painful, but we can't allow the expectations of others to shape our life; not if we want to please God rather than man." (Richard Exley)

No comments: