"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Kicking Aside The Pedestal Of Wanting To Look Good

"I experienced a significant breakthrough into the freedom.... at my first AA meeting. In the past I would have set great store not only on looking good but on thinking too often about who is looking..... My ravenous insecurities made my sense of self—worth rise and fall like a sailboat on the winds of another’s approval or disapproval. It was a supreme moment of liberation to stand up, kick the pedestal aside, and simply state, “My name is Brennan. I am an alcoholic.” (Brennan Manning. Ragamuffin Gospel. Pg, 153)

No comments: