"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Friday, January 17, 2014

No More Need For Theology?

“For my part, the longer I live the less I feel the need of any sort of theological belief, and the more I am content to let unseen powers go on their way with me and mine without question or distrust.” (John Burroughs, The Light of Day)

I get the sentiment about theology. But, if Jesus is a person, such ad God is, how could you just let them work without acknowledging his personal presence, without wanting to know more about him. Isn't relationship like that?

Is it possible to know and acknowledge, accept his activity without all the details? How much do you need to know? He here, I acknowledge him, I let work as he wishes, and we accept it for what it is. Is that "Christian"

No comments: