"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, April 20, 2013

There is A Time To Dance..... It is now

I'm not a very "feely" guy as a burly 250 lbs fishing Captain and humanitarian NGO. Or am I? And I am as awkward as a fish ....well, a fish out of water, when I dance. But this moved me, as the dance of life was lost to me for many years, but I did not know it at the time. You can only see it looking back. Religion robbed me of the ability to enjoy. But these days I just want to dance.... just shut up and dance. Stop talking, stop analyzing, and be in the now of the experience the Father gave me now, today.
"The dance of Christ is a world dance........ The time is now, and the dance is eternal. Don't sit this dance out. Life is a speedy season. Buds burst in smelly spring; fruits delight in fertile summer. Leaves change colors in inflamed autumn. Trees fall in whitened winter. Dance while you can. The world doesn't need more conversation so much as it needs more dancing. When heart speaks unto heart......"

No comments: