"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Friday, February 14, 2014

Wanting Something Wrong....With Me

"….. I got sick a lot, which convinced me that something was really wrong with me. I Wanted something to be wrong with me. I Wanted a hall pass for a while so no one would expect anything of me. But the tests always came back negative and, finally, after my third visit to the doctor in two months, he said, “Nadia, nothing’s wrong with you. You just have to deal with your life.” Truth. It can make me hate the person speaking it. Until the point at which I want to kiss them for setting me free." (Nadia Bolz-Weber. Pastrix: The Cranky Beautiful Faith of A Sinner & Saint.)

No comments: