"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Planting Your Flag .... GOD IS ENOUGH

"Saying these words surprised me. So much of my life, I strived and strained to become someone important. Now as I was experiencing God’s unconditional love and acceptance, my desire to fashion some important human identity diminished. Somewhere back on my spiritual journey, there’s a hill where I firmly planted in the ground a flag that reads: GOD IS ENOUGH. It is my flag of freedom, and it includes being liberated from the need to have a purpose. Notice I said a purpose. There is a big difference between determining some specific area of endeavor and excelling in it to feel good about yourself, and what it means to live out our eternal purpose here on earth." (Jim Palmer. Wide Open Spaces)

No comments: