"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, February 16, 2014

God Is Found Only Certain Places, In Certaib Events, Or Special Times

"In a similar way, religion conditioned my mind to expect God in a fixed number of places, like at church or in my Bible. God was always present and continuously reaching out to me, but I passed right over him. My spiritual brain cannot compute God outside those few avenues.....
For years I had early morning “quiet times” because I thought of these as my time to “be with God.” But then I’d become more or less unaware of God throughout my day until the next morning. Pulling into church, the reality of God was turned on; pulling out, it was turned off. I once was told the rationale for our midweek church service was to remind people about God, because people naturally started forgetting about him a couple of days after the Sunday service. It’s like we become dependent on church or the Bible as the spigot of our spirituality and can’t seem to tap into God’s presence in the natural ebb and flow of life. " (Jim Palmer. Wide Open Spaces)

No comments: