"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How's Your Voice Speaking To You?

About sums up the voice in my head...... And what was implied in many sermons U preached and have heard.

"I have believed all kinds of lies, which have enslaved me and poisoned my relationships and prevented me from walking in the freedom God desires for me. My head said, “Jim, you are one colossal failure and your life is a waste. You better get busy and try to turn this around! Do something! Accomplish something huge! You are not worthy of love and too defective to be accepted as you are. Seek love, acceptance, meaning, and worth any way you can get your hands on it.” But the voice of God in my heart said, Jim, you are a person of magnificent beauty and worth. I unconditionally love and accept you just as you are, no changes needed or required. You are perfect to me. Rest. I had a choice: listen to the lie in my head or the truth in my heart. That evil lie in my head almost destroyed my life. Listening to the voice in my heart is saving me, (Jim Palmer. Wide Open Spaces) "

No comments: