"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Religious Depression Is Still Depression

If this is what sever depression is like.... I'm thankful I have not experienced it and so will not be critical of those who struggle......  

<blockquote>"Some days I awake with a heavy despair and icy deadness at the pit of my soul. I sometimes lay my hand across my chest searching for a heartbeat, just to be sure. The thought of taking a shower exhausts me. There's no rhyme or reason for when it strikes. Pulling myself out of bed, I begin trudging robotically through the day with total detachment. Only the sense of responsibility for my family and the habit of living for forty years keep me alive."<blockquote>

(Jim Palmer.  Divine Nobodies: Shedding Religion To Find God- And the unlikely people who help you.)

No comments: