"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, April 12, 2014

He Calles Me By My Name..... Not Slut!

This so worth reading.

"What can happen in prayer is described in a scene in Man of La Mancha. In the play a dialogue takes place between Alonso Chiana (aka Don Quixote) and Aldonza, a barmaid and hooker. In his delusion, Alonso sees this tramp as an aristocrat and treats her accordingly. He calls this coarse, Vulgar trollop "my lady" and "Dulcinea, my sweet little one." At first she is puzzled and angry. She can't understand this madman. But there is a haunting beauty about him. Why is she attracted to this mysterious man? Because out of him comes an affirmation that she is treasure and is to be prized as treasure and treated as treasure. He shatters her wall of defensiveness and fear. "Dulcinea!" cries Aldonza. "My God, he knows my whole life story. I'm a slut. Yet he is calling me Dulcinea!"

(Brennan Manning. The Signature Of Jesus )

No comments: