"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, April 26, 2014

PLAY My Game Or I Don't Have Time For You

He nailed it ....right or wrong, about how I felt.... wow

"What frustrated me was I began to realise, from an insiders stand point, unless you were a part of what I was doing, you weren't important. I didn't have time to focus on you unless you effected the bottom line of what was going on, unless you were part of the thing we were building.
I didn't have the time. I was exhaused. I was one of those run around with you head cut off guys, light my hair on fire christians, and in the midst of all that you are going like, "Lord, where is the simplicity and the open handedness that I'm not doing this with a mixture of motive?" I'm not asking the question, "Can I get this person to be a part of our thing?"

My experience is a lot people that are... who are now setting out on this journey, or stepping away from it (institutional). I think they are pretty tired of being able to see through some of those dynamics. They don't want to be just another cog in someone elses machine." (Brad Cummings... "The God Journey" Podcast. May 19, 2005)

No comments: