"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, April 13, 2014

WHEN Church Is No Solution...Or Help

"I don’t need another fluffy pep talk. Many times I simply can’t bear the thought of pasting a phony jesus grin on my face. I want something real. I NEED something real. I need real people in my life. Where does a guy find people like that? I'm finding non—Christians are more honest with themselves and the struggles of life than Christians. I’m bitter and just can’t take it anymore. My parents go to a church where the pastor insists women wear only skirts, no pants. Is that what Christianity is all about, skirts Vs. pants?!

I know jesus is true and real. I just don't know where to start anymore. I've tried so many different things: being a gay Christian, being just gay, being just a Christian. I’m just plumb out of solutions. I know Jesus is the answer, but I don't know where to go to find him anymore. What to do, or not to do. I just don't know."
(Jim Palmer. Divine Nobodies : Shedding Religion To Find God - And the unlikely people who help you.)

No comments: