"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Enjoying The Success Of Others

"I consume the world’s resources, seeking my own success without consideration of its effect on others. Abiding in love keeps in check my own consumption of the world’s resources and promotes ecological sustainability and material modesty. Abiding in love allows me to see the success of others as an inspiration rather than a threat. Being content in the spiritual resources God provides enables me to live life less driven by consumerism and consumption." (Jim Palmer.  Wide Open Spaces: Beyond Paint-By-Number Christianity.)  

No comments: