"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Life Too Structured!

".....but as I contemplated the difficulties of readjusting to a competitive society, I found myself yearning a little for the unstructured freedom of Peace Corps existence and the simplicity of life among the fishermen. I had a gnawing apprehension that we would not be able to cope with the frenzied pace of American life that had previously been so much a part of us." (The Barrios Of Manta. Rhoda & Earle Brooks 1964 Ecuador)

No comments: