"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, April 3, 2014

When It Hurts So Bad... Is It Time For Silence?

In secret ways, as I walk with people, I'm finding that this story is similar to how many feel at times. I found this paragraph insightfully descriptive and expressive. 

"Over breakfast, Kit sat listening for the better part of an hour to my sharing what seemed the most relevant facts of my life story. Navigating like a brain surgeon around people and circumstan- ces dangerously near tender scars, I suddenly fell speechless upon accidental- ly puncturing a painful wound and could not continue. Not quick to intervene, Kit offered a concerned smile and after a long, uncomfortable silence said, "Perhaps it's time for quiet." In the stillness, there was no escaping my brokenness. Perhaps this was why solitude was so threatening. With the noise of my frenetic activity silenced, the muffled voices of emptiness and
despair then demanded to be heard."

(Jim Palmer.  Divine Nobodies: Shedding Religion To Find God- And the unlikely people who help you.)

No comments: