"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Fake Me - What's The Real Story?

The fake me is the glossy image I try to portray so that I look better than I am, and the fake me is also the image most people develop about me... the good or the nasty image. I've lived most of my life feeling like no one knows me, because few if any have tried.
"Living out of the false self creates a compulsive desire to present a perfect image to the public so that everybody will admire us and nobody will know us." (Brennan Manning)
"Our lives are composed of stories and songs, each an extravagant artwork worthy only of its Creator. And they don't need to be perfect to be beautiful." (Leonard Sweet. I Am A Follower. Pg 231)

No comments: