"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm Just Beginning To Understand At 45 Yrs Old

What I thought I knew and understood, I no longer understand so well any more. Not because I've compromised on anything, it's simply I'm seeing the holes in the platitudes I've been fed and adopted at every level. There are holes in theology.
"The first of Luther's 95 Theses was about brokenness, that Jesus willed that the whole life of believers should be repentance. in other words, brokenness is the ongoing, lifelong reality. It isn't something you get past It's a continually deepening revelation of your own impotence without the Spirit that's why you meet people in their eighties, godly men and women, who say, 'I think I'm just beginning to grasp the gospel." (Larry Crabb)

No comments: