"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lousy Ways To Learn Life

"I got to thinking: there are a lot of lousy ways to learn about life out there." (Mohan Karulkar)

I'm beginning to see the truth in this statement. Many of the programs and institutions I've grown up in are lead by people just like me. Broken.
But we, (or was it them?) set them, or their institution, up as a guide for our life. But no one ever cautioned, this too could have some thing's broken.

That is why I no longer wish to be a "leader", because even at my best, I'm broken too.  Once i thought it was just me. But once I started listened to people i realized we all are.

That is why I only point people to Jesus, and then leave them there with him. This is why I only listen to leaders who point to Him more than their program or vision. I'm not worth following, and neither are they, but Jesus is. So listen to the person pointing you to him, and avoid the one hyping up how you should fit his plan for you life, in his mapped out program/vision.

No comments: