"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Freedom - not Happiness!

A Greater Detachment.

"The critical issue on the journey with God is not "Am I happy?" But "Am I free? Am I growing in the freedom God gave me?"

Detachment is the great secret of interior piece. Along the way, in this journey with Christ, we get attached to (literally "nail to") behaviours, habits, things, and people in an unhealthy way.

Like you I rarely realize how attached I am to something until God removes it. Then the power struggle begins....

When we put our claws into something and we don't want to take them out, we are beyond enjoying them.
Richard Rohr has written extensively about five essential truths to which men must awaken if they are to grow up into their god-given masculinity and spirituality.
Life is hard.
You are not that important.
Your life is not about you.
You are not in control.
You are going to die.

- Peter Scazzero. Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.

No comments: