"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

If Someone Else Kissed Me.....

Life, and love, can be brutal on the heart and soul.
"In 110°, I bike miles everyday to find rice. In front of an empty mailbox, there are no tears, only triumphing beads of sweat raining into the sand......And exhaustion, not love, made me curl up next to Charles when he visited, so when he said he didn't care if someone else kissed me, I laugh - until he left the village. Then on my straw mat, with sweaty legs curled up to my chin, I wept."
(Last Moon Dancing: A Memoir of Love and Real Life in Africa. Monique Maria Schmidt) Peace Corps worker - Benin

No comments: