"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sometimes It's MORE THAN OK not to Care!

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court....."  (Apostle Paul) 1 Corinthians 4:3-5.
Paul was speaking to the church in the first part... amazing... I'm flabbergasted....

Actually, i have been freed from allowing people to manipulate me by how, where, and when they choose to withhold their praise, or launch their criticism. It's about getting you "in line", and see it for little else than that.  

However, how and where we serve, both overseas in an all Islamic community..... and here in Canada.....well much of it I would never have ventured into doing for the kingdom if I followed the "church plan" or listened to peoples criticisms by getting all wrapped up in the box of manipulation their judgement brings. There are some people who get REALLY angry when you won't play their church game by plunking down like a mindless sheep into their style of Church, leadership "box", or easy road programs. 

No, I'm not rebelling.... I'm doing my best to do what Christ does, when most want the easy road. A lot of church people live in a deep fear of being contaminated by association with people who have other Christian beliefs, other religion beliefs. They have to keep away, and be separate (especially their kids). Oh my word..... this is how we have taught our kids we don't have to love as "missionaries"   the community or world. Because there are exceptions of who we have to love and be hospitable too.

No comments: