"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Deadly Accident

My friend in Mali hit a young girl and killed her. And this is how the family reacted.
"So I'm still waiting for a call for an appointment with the Judge, Today God really surprised me. The father of the girl called and wanted to come visit.
He brought his best friend with him and they really wanted me to know that for them, this was over and done., they want me to 'sit my heart down' (Bambara translation), that they know what happened was an accident. Here, people really believe in God's sovereignty and don't question it, like we do in our culture. They want me to go on with work and life. They want me to come and visit them whenever I pass through their village. They wanted me to know that sometimes God brings people together in ways we don't understand.
Ya...l'm so blown away by this whole grace thing, Keep praying for God's timing and for patience as we all wait out the final proceedings.

No comments: