"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Language Learnings Positive Side

I found this to be true with every place and people I have been among, with the exception of the French. Especially true of of Africans and their local languages.

"I knew I had made many grammatical mistakes, but I was sure that they were not smiling because of that. In fact, no one ever laughed at any of our grammatical errors. They seemed proud of us for making the effort to learn their language, and I could feel this in their warm response......"
(Barrios Of Manta. Earle & Elizabeth Brooks)

No comments: