"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Friday, May 22, 2020

Why Are You Managing My Spirituality?

"For once, my place with God in solitude would be honored - not managed or directed or interpreted by a pastor or a Bible study leader or anyone else who thought they knew what I needed.
For once, I wasn't going to have to force myself into someone else's prefabricated plan for my spiritual enrichment. 
I was so glad we had been instructed not to talk, because this meant no one could intrude by asking me what was wrong or trying to "help."

- Ruth Barton. "Sacred Rhythms"

No comments: