"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, May 3, 2020

No Time To Show Jesus' Grave

"Well, those unchainedseem filled with what I lack somehow."
"They are," replied Sarkon. "They all are filled with Madness! Be grateful that you lack what they are filled with.

"Perhaps," said Everyman, staring vacantly into the dark sky.
"Do you believe the singer came alive again?"

"No-not at all. I know the man who buried him, you see. His grave is in a country field. . . ."

"Then let us go and dig him out and show the unchained men of Terra their great Folly and absurdity."
Sarkon blush. "I. . . .wh . . . ." He stammered much before he finally spoke.
"The grave, I must regret lies far away. We have not time enough to travel there today," he finally explained. He quickly changed the subject. It's just as well believe me.

- Calvin Miller. The Singer Trilogy (The Song)

No comments: