"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, March 22, 2018

God is Cruel Like Me? Oh Boy!

I once saw God, as through a window l peered;
He was just as I suspected,
just as I feared.
So selfish and cruel He appeared to be;
So very ugly,
so unlike me.
Then I looked deeper, still deeper with time;
T‘was a minor all along,
and the image was mine," 

- Ty Gibson

You thought I was just like you. —Yahweh (PS 50:21)

17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you. 18 When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers. 19 You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit. 20 You sit and testify against your brother and slander your own mother’s son. 21 When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like youPsalms 50:17-21 (NIV)

No comments: