"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Monday, January 29, 2018

Nothing Gets You In Shape For Backpackibg?

" I thought I was in good shape - in college, I'd been running every morning, and I had just gained my black belt in Tae Kwon Do. But backpacking was something else. A friend who had finished the Appalachian Trail several years earlier had told me, "nothing gets you in shape for the trail, short of putting your pack on and walking." Damn, she was right, I thought grimly as I lurched down the trail "

(Lucy & Susan Letcher. Southbound: The Barefoot Sisters.)

No comments: