"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

You Are Not The Initiator With God

"Most of the discussion of prayer I ever heard centered on whether God answers prayer and how we can know that he does. But during the past decade I have come to believe that prayer is not a matter of my calling in an to get God's attention, but of my finally listening to the call of God, which has has been constant, patient, and insistent in my inner being. In a relationship to God, I am not the seeker, the initiator, the one who loves more greatly."

(Virginia Ramey Mollenknott. Speech, Silence, Action) 

No comments: