"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Lifetimes Worth

After his cancer diagnoses, and against  his fiances advice or his family being informed of his diagnosis,  Ben takes a week long motorcycle trip across Canada before entering into a cancer treatment offering at best 10% chance of survival.

"I asked a man when I was on the road how ya know if you're in love. He told me, 'If you have to ask, you're not.'  You never had to ask anyone, did you Sam?" (Ben)
"No, of course not." (Samantha)
"Are you angry?" (Ben)
"Of course I am. But not just about that." (Samantha)

"I'm sorry I got us into this mess."(Ben)
"You should be." (Samantha)

"How are you feeling?" (Samantha)
"Ancient"
"Was your trip worth it?" (Samantha)
Ya!
"Did you take pictures? (Samantha)
"A lifetimes worth." (Ben)

~Movie - One Week

No comments: