"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Seeking Loneliness

"I had come seeking loneliness for what I might learn from it and thought that having names to fall back on my delay or protect me from the full implications of the experience. I had figured that it would be like taking an Air Force survival course with bars of chocolate hidden in your pockets. I was, I hope, like a man going into a surgery that would leave him, after a time of difficult recuperation, cured."

(Moritz Thomsen. The Saddest Pleasure: A Journey on Two Rivers)

No comments: