"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Islamic Radicalism - Just Cry?

These witnesses knew that the best hope for politically defeating Muslim fundamentalists is that their atrocities be exposed, so they testified through their tears. Even after twenty years of such interviews, it remains hard to know the best way to react. I usually say, however uselessly, how sorry I am. It is the least that decency demands. On these trips, I developed a policy that I would not cry during the interviews, no matter what someone told me, or at least I would try not to. The people attempting to get through their awful tales with dignity deserved at the very least that I hold it together."
(Karima Bennoune. Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here)

No comments: