"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Help Me See Your People.

"This is Ramón's country; he has lived here all his life and he understands the people -— their customs, their ways of thinking, the pressures that twist them, the drives that consume them, the things they want, and the things that make them proud or ashamed. Ramon understands all this so much better than I will ever be able to that most of the time I simply take Ramon’s judgment as my own. Ramon is my eyes and ears; he is a patient translator who explains the truth behind appearance."

(Moritz Thomsen. The Farm On The River of Emeralds)

No comments: