"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Africa Life in Pictures

 This is a typical day in my life and work for five months each year.
I don't often post about what I do here in Africa.
But I am a fishing captain six months a year in Canada, and I am involved in community development work in Africa as a Director of Field operations for Man of Peace Development..
I can't post the names of the people or villages I work in. We work in an Islamic region....and  it is pretty rural and isolated. We have no 4#4 trucks etc, as we keep our overhead low, and our foot print small. So we have to use moto's to get in an out of the bush for our work. It's dusty, exhausting hard work, and I love it. We are just South of the Sahara Desert here...  This is what i see every day. Enjoy the peek......












No comments: