"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, May 6, 2012

My First Given Prayer!

Saw Stephen Cousins, from Mount Stuart, PEI. He just returned from a month in the Congo, and us five months in Mali. His first words to me were this. "Andy, I have been praying deeply for you and Lynn this past week, when I thought of you coming home to this place, the Lord put a prayer on my heart to pray repeatedly for you and Lynn...." And Stephen gave us this prayer. "May the Lord help you support the heavy burden of returning to an indifferent people, who will never ask you to tell them the story of what happened in Africa." ...................I cried...........he understood why.

No comments: