"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Friday, May 4, 2012

Church as a Building!

An interesting Truth, that no one will deny, but it sure puts the blood pressure up on fundamentalists a evangelicals, as we don't like the implications of the freedom.Church is bigger than your building, and I am very grateful for the fact. Interesting read in this article.


Christianity Questions: Do I have to go to church?
 “I don’t have to go to church to be a Christian!”I’ve heard this exclaimed quite a few times in my life, always defensively.  So, is there truth to it?  Do you have to go to church if you’re a Christian?
If only the question was that simple.  Unfortunately, the whole issue seems to come from a place of extremely misunderstanding what a church is.  Now, if you want to ask, “Do I have to go to one of those buildings that people call churches if I’m a Christian?” I could make the answer very simple: Nope.  Not at all.

You know why?  Because it’s not a church.  It’s a building.  Made up of the same materials as your bathroom at home, and no holier.  It is not God’s house, the house of the Lord, or God’s holy sanctuary.  It. Is. A. Building.

No comments: