"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just Do It?

When we are measuring success by who shows up and how often, transformation measuring takes the back burner.
I would have to say that this statement is true. After 22 yrs of monistry I've never had a brother or sister ask me how I was doing Spiritually.

"The performers perform, and the congregation watches, regardless of eithers spiritual condition."


(Finding Organic Church. Frank Viola. David C. Cook, 2010. Page 271)

No comments: