"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"In the process of individual or mutual apology, personal power is diminished. I put myself essentially at the mercy of the other, making her or him my judge with the right either to acquit or to convict me. In a sense, the wounded party becomes Gods partner in the exchange, representing what we deserve ... I humble myself, relinquishing my illusionary hold on personal power to receive something much better in exchange: the fruit of the spear. " Earl Creps. Off-Road disciplines, Josie Bass, page 80



No comments: