"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crying Over Jesus!

It's a crying shame when Jesus is lost in the Church Stuff.

"To illustrate the centrality of Christ. I would like to rehearse a story that the Lord gave my friend Mike Broadie. It goes like this......
Every year Mary, the Holy Spirt, and the Bible get together and weep. As they are weeping, Mary says. 'I brought Him into this world. I gave Him life on this earth. But they have worshipped me and have stolen glory from my son.'
Then the Holy Spirit speaks and says. 'I did not come to speak of Myself. I did not come to reveal Myself. I came to reveal Him. I cams to magnify and glorify Him. But they have made Me central.'
Finally, the bible also weeping, speaks and says, "I came to point men and women to Him. I came to testify of Him. I came to make him known. But they have made a god out of me.'"

(From Eternity To Here. Frank Vioka. David C. Cook pub, 2010, pg 271-72)



No comments: