"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some Mission Field people have been Christians Longer, know the bible better and pray more faithfuly that you - Remember that Short-termers

"A pastor’s wife and community leader shares this about her time with some short-term missionaries: They come as superior to me. They come as those who have been told what I am and who I am. . I became a Christian before many of them were born. The team members were not willing to learn, They would quote an expert in their country who gave them the orientation and it got to a point where I gave them what they wanted to hear."

(The Trendy Giant Wounds: Some Lessons from the Church in Africa, David Ngaruiya. EMQ, January 2008, p.60-61)

No comments: