"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Math & Amnesia!

I was working on my masters course on the laptop at the kitchen table. Tim (13yrs) came by after he supposedly completed his math. I guess Tim left a few blanks on his page so Lynn sat down at the table beside me with Tim to explain a few concepts. As she explained one problem he put his head on the table and said, "I can't do this I have math Amnesia!" I tried not to laugh. However after 2 minutes I could not contain my giggles any longer and burst out laughing. Lynn and I both rolled over. Tim said all serious like; "It's not a joke. I really do have Math Amnesia."

I think I have Amnesia about a lot of things, and there are a few things I'm going to voluntarily add to the list.

No comments: