"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Saturday, January 6, 2007

An Odd Shaped Box - With An Open Lid

I have a strange life. I like to Sea Kayak, hike off in the woods and examine fungus on a tree, turn rocks over to see what’s there. Did you know I always wanted to be a marine biologist? However, people are more important than that, so I abandoned that interest.

I read different books. Just read “A Nation Of Serfs” recommend it, it makes one think analytically about Canada. Last year while in Africa I read a 900 page commentary on Romans, and the Koran in French. I often wake up at night, get a cup of tea, and outline information I read, make notes and write comments. 90% of which never get discussed, or taught, and lands in the garbage after a few weeks of being stuck in the way on my desk.

My approach to life is different than others I know. I focus on quit different things.

The last six years of my life, since my return from Africa, have been the most difficult for me. I have wondered why I don’t see things like most others. People here ask questions beginning with; “ Don’t you think…………?” And I often find myself saying (or wanting to say) “no”, most of the time - further enhancing my sense of “alienness”. Am I approaching things wrong? Is there something wrong with me?

My Confession: Yes, Ok, I get it. You are right. I most certainly don’t fit most people’s box.

My Realization: God has a box that fits me, and his comes with an open lid.

He has one that fits you too! I invite Ya! Join me, jump right in!

No comments: