"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, December 7, 2006

Itty Bitty World!

I stumbled across this picture on the web today.

I was on the back of a moped with a Malian man, in Mali West Africa, who drove me around while I was researching the Banka people. I tapped him on the shoulder to pull over by this sign, and we had a great conversation right here by this sign in the town of Sikasso.

What are the chances that I would stumble on this picture from Africa on the web and be able to say;“I stood by that sign.”? Who took the picture of the sign? Why is it posted on the web? Beats me!

What a itty bitty world!