"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Great Preachers Are Disciplined

Great Preachers Are Disciplined
I think the key is discipline. You've got to be disciplined, and that's one thing I think I learned from Athletics and sports that you just have to be disciplined.

• Great preachers are disciplined.
• Great students of scripture, great theologians are disciplined.
• Great theologians are disciplined.
• Great commentary writers are disciplined.

An athlete tells his body what to do. You don't allow your appetites or your tiredness or whatever to dictate to you, you dictate to your body. You push yourself.

And I realised that we run by grace, and not just self-will, but I think that 1 Timothy 4:7 & 8, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness. That is a key factor."

- Dr. Steven Lawson 

No comments: