"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Monday, December 23, 2019

Your Church Looks Exactly The Same

 "Anyway. Sometimes people will ask me about a certain church we went to, and I find myself having to dig pretty hard to pluck the particular church they wanna know about out of the mess of services in my head. -- This is not because I've been to so many churches recently, but because they're almost all exactly the same...like EXACTLY...and they all smoosh together in my mind like peanut butter and jelly on suburban white bread.  

My favorite part of this overarching sameness is how every church is dying for the person walking in on a Sunday morning to think they're different from all the other churches. While they're so similar, it's almost comical."

- Jamie Wright


No comments: